Areas of Expertise
Mark Godfrey and his partner Sharron Adamson live in the gem of the South Hams in Dartmouth, Devon with their adorable Westie Hugo. Mark has over 25 years’ experience and knowledge of the hospitality industry – his skills cover all areas of Hotel Management including:
- Strategic planning;
- Operational management;
- Financial management;
- Sales and marketing;
- People management, development and leadership;
- Refurbishment and development programs;
- Business change and transformation;
Motivated and driven, Mark has worked to raise the bar on service standards at every opportunity. Attention to detail and clear direction are an important part of Mark’s goal-orientated approach. Strong leadership skills are at the core of everything he does.
Mark is a Fellow of the Institute of Hospitality, a Master Innholder, he also sits on the South West regional committee for the British Hospitality Association (BHA)
Phone: 07525 324198
Mark is pleased to have gained his 25 year’s knowledge and experience by working with some of the UK’s most impressive hotels and hotel groups as well as overseeing restaurants and country estates:
De Vere Hotels 1991 - 1999
- Management Trainee at The Dormy Hotel, Ferndown.
- Assistant Manager at The Grand Hotel, Brighton.
- Food and Beverage Manager at The De Vere in Swindon where Mark was an integral member of the opening team for this 154 bedroom new build.
- Deputy General Manager at The De Vere in Swindon.
- General Manager Alexander House in West Sussex
- General Manager at this prestigious 5* country club who, under Mark’s management, were selected to become an inaugural member of Leading Small Hotels of the World.
- Managing Director during an extensive development project which repositioned the hotel and transformed it into a 4* luxury property to be reckoned with!
Mark and Sharron embarked on a year-long adventure where they visited over 50 hotels across India, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Australia, New Zealand and California.
Harbour Hotels 2009 - 2012
- Managing Director with responsibility for 224 rooms across five hotels on the South Coast as well as an independent restaurant in Christchurch and a prestigious country estate in Surrey which hosts 160 weddings each year.
Mark is retained as a Non-Executive Director with Dart Marina, he is also Managing Director at Deer Park Country Hotel in Honiton, Devon and is curretly working with a new Hotel soon to be launched in Bude, Cornwall called Hebasca.